Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2002 Grand Caravan ES Front Blower Not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 02:45 PM
02GrandCaravan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Grand Caravan ES Front Blower Not working

My wife has a 2002 Grand Caravan ES with the Tri Zone Air. The front is no longer blowing, no matter what fan speed is is set on. It is the digital control in the front, that also allows controlling the rear air.

So there is something wrong with the fan, I think. Last night I messed with it and swapped the relays, and I have power tothe relay,but am unable to find where the blower actually is. I think that is is located in the Engine compartment, just behind the hood, under the Windshield, but I am not sure. The other place that I think it might be is on the floor below the Glove box, in the Passenger front foot area.

I am trying to see if it is getting power when turned on. It does not do anything, when you put it on Auto or put the **** to full fan. This is why I was going to try to check the voltage, but it seems the blower may have died. The rear air works fine, and has no issues. On the front you can feel warm air coming out, but it is just coming out, not being blown out at all.

Any help you guys can give would be greatly apreciated.

Bryan

Old 01-30-2008, 07:13 PM
holtzer1
Rookie
Default RE: 2002 Grand Caravan ES Front Blower Not working

the blower in under the dash in the heater box near the passenger floor foot area. have fun...they suck to get out imo

Old 01-30-2008, 07:31 PM
02GrandCaravan

Does it sound like the blower is the problem? Are there any wires that I can test to see if it is bad for sure, or if it is not getting the power?

Thanks,
Bryan

Old 01-30-2008, 10:32 PM
holtzer1
Rookie

sounds like a bad blower...theres a plug that goes to the blower motor, easy enough to unplug and check for power, its right down there next to the motor.

Quick Reply: 2002 Grand Caravan ES Front Blower Not working