Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

clicking noise; 95 caravan

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 12:26 PM
rrangel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clicking noise; 95 caravan

I have been getting a click and no start when trying to start my van. I had a diagnotistic run and the starter comes back good. Is there any other option that can be causing this problem. At first it did it may be once a week nowim afraid to turn it off at the grocery store!

Old 05-01-2008, 07:01 PM
bvil
Default RE: clicking noise; 95 caravan

You might try having the battery tested to make sure its good and that it is fully charged. A bad battery or low charge or a bad starter solenoid can produce that symptom.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:21 AM
chopper
Veteran

The battery is probably just worn out.
http://www.vdcelectronics.com/lead_acid_batteries.htm

These desulphator/chargers actually do work.I have two of them and they are in continous operation.
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...er11-11671.php

This isn't going to do you any good right now unless you can keep the battery you already have alive for a couple of days until the charger/desuphator arrives.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:02 PM
TJeepman
Professional

I have been getting a click and no start when trying to start my van. I had a diagnotistic run and the starter comes back good. Is there any other option that can be causing this problem. At first it did it may be once a week nowim afraid to turn it off at the grocery store!
Low battery likely. If the battery is over 5 years old, it's likely a liability and needs replacement.
What year is the Van? If it is a newer one (4th generation, possibly 3rd as well), it will have a body control computer. Weird things can happen when the battery is low like the rear wiper operating without the switch being on, dash gages going crazy, etc.

Quick Reply: clicking noise; 95 caravan