Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Power locks not working

Old 05-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Trouble W/ My Dodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power locks not working

My power locks are not working. They don't work with the key remote, door switch, and they don't lock when you reach 18mph. Tried to find a fuse but cannot find one marked power locks, plus everything else works ok. Hope someone can help. This van has cost me a lot of money and it's only a 2005 Grand Caravan.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:26 PM
deaconite
Default RE: Power locks not working

this is a factory defect for mostly 2005 dodge caravans. dealer must repair this problem for free. there is a TSB regarding this problem.it has something to do with reprogramming the computer. a quick fix is disconnecting for 10 seconds theIOD fusein the fuse box located in the engine compartment. this will temporarily make the locks work for e few days. good luck.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:18 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

The dealer does not fix cars and vans with TSB for free, unless the car is still under warranty or emission warranty. The 1st thing is ck the rolling door locks to see if they are enable and ck the power door locks module for codes. There maybe a problem with one or more actuator.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:10 AM
deezozdodge
Professional

This is off topic, and sorry. What is the easiest way to get to those spark plugs by the firewall on the 02 Dodge Caravan?

Old 07-24-2008, 03:58 AM
deaconite

ORIGINAL: master tech

The dealer does not fix cars and vans with TSB for free, unless the car is still under warranty or emission warranty. The 1st thing is ck the rolling door locks to see if they are enable and ck the power door locks module for codes. There maybe a problem with one or more actuator.

I got it mixed up. I meant the recalls are done for free, not the TSB... sorry.

The power lock problem on the original post is a common problem with 2005 dodge caravan models. It happened to my 05 caravan just a few days ago and unplugging the IOD fuse for about 10 seconds then replugging fixes the problem.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:34 PM
ohhmom

How do you check the actuators?

Old 01-09-2009, 07:52 PM
LinerJoe
Veteran

I'm glad I found this thread as I've been battling this exact problem with our 2005 Chrysler T&C. I pulled the IOD fuse as suggested, and it's working again without issue.

Does anyone have a general cost of getting this fixed at the dealer (outside of warranty)?

Thanks!

joe

Old 01-09-2009, 08:01 PM
LinerJoe
Veteran

Also, does anyone know the TSB #? I looked through several sites with 2005 TSB's for both Chrysler and Dodge, and I don't see any TSB's related to the door locks.

joe

Old 06-30-2010, 05:37 AM
deaconite
Default Problem disappeared

Originally Posted by LinerJoe
I'm glad I found this thread as I've been battling this exact problem with our 2005 Chrysler T&C. I pulled the IOD fuse as suggested, and it's working again without issue.

Does anyone have a general cost of getting this fixed at the dealer (outside of warranty)?

Thanks!

joe
It's been approximately 2 years since I encountered the problem with the power locks of my 2005 Grand Caravan. Never brought the van to the dealer for this problem. After unplugging the IOD fuse a couple of times... the problem just disappeared. Oh well!... time is a great healer.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:27 AM
sapporo
Banned

there are 2 TSB's listed for lock problems. both require new flash programming. the best way to find out cost it to contact your local Dodge, Chrysler or Jeep dealer

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power locks not working