Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

05 Grand Caravan Water Pump Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 11:41 PM
CruzinCaravan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Grand Caravan Water Pump Replacement

Hello everyone...I have used the "search" tool to find what I need but with no luck, so now I come to you all...I have a 05 GC and need to replace my water pump/timing belt and was trying to get some advice on whether I should tackle the job myself or take it to a repair shop. I pretty handy with a wrench but I was just under the van to look at what it might intale to replace both of them, and wow, it is different than a little 4 banger car.

So has anyone here done it themselves? IF so, how hard was it? Any special tools? Any thing will be help full or even a place to go to get a manual for our van. Or is it better to just take to a repair shop? What is the going rate on this type of job at either the dealer or a mom/pop repair shop?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thank you all.

Old 05-14-2008, 12:46 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: 05 Grand Caravan Water Pump Replacement

Are you dealing with a 2.4L engine? If its a 3.3 or 3.8, there is no timing belt. If you do have a 3.3, then you remove the water pump pulley 1st and then pry the motor back towards the trans and the pulley will come out.

Quick Reply: 05 Grand Caravan Water Pump Replacement