Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2003 Dodge grand caravan brake and ABS light staying on?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 11:50 AM
kdk786
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Dodge grand caravan brake and ABS light staying on?

I have a 2003 Dodge grand caravan and the brake light and abs light are on. I scanned the van with OBD2 scanner and nothing came up. I even reset the codes hoping that it would fix it, but no change. Light is still on. The van has new front brakes and rotors. Has been working fine after new brakes were installed. The van was sitting for a while (about 2 months) and the battery died. When I revived the battery I believe this problem with the lights began. Does something need to be reset or is something else the problem. Please advise and thanks in advance.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:45 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Disconnect the battery for 5 mins and hook the cables back up. also ck ypur fluid level too.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:12 PM
06HEMI4X4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes those MIL will light if your fluid is low or the level sensor on master cyl is bad. I just recently had and issue with my ram where the brake light switch was out of adjustment keeping the brake light on and the ABS and Brake MIL where staying on. As soon as I adj switch and got brake lights to go off MIL went off.

Quick Reply: 2003 Dodge grand caravan brake and ABS light staying on?