Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

To Bi-Xenon or Not To Bi-Xenon

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 01:16 AM
96GCSE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question To Bi-Xenon or Not To Bi-Xenon

(pun intended)

I've got a 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Sport 7 Passenger. I live out in the country where it gets rather dark at night. I've recently purchased some black housing headlights with chromed reflectors in headlight and signal areas and they are nice and bright (better than what I had before). Problem is Not bright enough.

My question to you folks is:

Has anyone here bought the 6000K Bi-Xenon HID Conversion Kit off Evil-Bay for your van and is it worth the money? Are the lights Focused and not Scattered out like I've seen on many other vehicles that didn't come originally Equipped with this technology? I know a lot of companies do the research to make sure these HID Kits fit the vehicle intended, but they DO NOT test the products to see if the lights are focused where they should be on vehicles that were never intended to have this technology.

Or................

Would I be better off buying the Sylvania XtraVision 9007 Bulbs to see if this solves my "Lighted Issues."

Thanx in advance,

Old 03-12-2009, 12:55 AM
96GCSE

Jus' wanted to thank anyone and everyone who DID NOT REPLY to this message! I went ahead and decided to buy them to see what happens. Thanx!

Old 03-12-2009, 01:06 AM
Nofrag
Champion

Sorry Jay, I didn't see this. Most of what you'll find on evil-bay is going to be the scattered crap. Might have been better off with silverstars.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:29 AM
96GCSE

Well there is a 2 yr warranty on all parts and a 30 day money back guarantee if I do not like the product. I have it in writing from the parent company of the company I'm buying them from. I have Silverstars in my van currently and it jus' doesn't seem bright enough for where I live. There is No Street lights on the main highways and deer are a major problem as with other small animals and an occasional cow, bull, or horse. So I figure getting 6000k (which is the state's legal DOT Limit on HID Lights) Bi-Xenon units would possibly eliminate me from losing another vehicle, My Beloved Minivan! I'll update everyone on how the installation and aim goes and who the eBay seller is once I test the product.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Nofrag
Champion

cool, post pics too. Are the black housings as bright or even brighter than regular ones? I realize you probably went from foggy ones(like mine), and I was considering a set but wondered about how bright they'd be.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:22 PM
96GCSE

Well disaster struck last night! So I had to switch back to my stock headlights as I was hit/or I hit it (depending on who's side of the story you wanna believe) by a falling tree branch taking out the passenger side black headlight. The black headlights I got off Ebay were nice and bright, even brighter than the stock ones, thanx to the chrome reflector. The company I got them from is going to send me a new set in exchange for the old set. The HID's should be in next week sometime. More to come on this.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:26 PM
petet

I bought projectors for my 97. They are definately better than the OEM but still not bright enough. I am also planning on buying an HID kit too.

Attached Thumbnails To Bi-Xenon or Not To Bi-Xenon-projectors.jpg  

Quick Reply: To Bi-Xenon or Not To Bi-Xenon