Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

transmission schematics .....?

Old 04-15-2009, 09:18 PM
slakr
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission schematics .....?

i need someone's help here people. i need to replace the tranny control solenoid on my 98 GC and want to know if anyone has an exploded diagram or schematic for the transmission. its the 3.3L engine. also, has anyone ever done this before.... what am i getting myself into here? any ideas or comments (useful) would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Old 04-15-2009, 09:39 PM
rabbler
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The solenoid pack is external. You don't need to open the trans at all.
Very straight forward to replace. Unbolt the electrical connector, remove the 3 long bolts and it comes off.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:47 AM
slakr
Rookie

so i replaced the solenoid but it only came with 1 new gasket for the space between the solenoid and the steel plate but the gasket between the plate and the bell housing was pretty bad. needless to say i now have a pool of trans fluid on my garage floor. cant seem to find this gasket on anyones website. does anyone know if autozone or any of the other places carry just this gasket? also are torque settings for this solenoid?

Old 04-20-2009, 12:00 AM
slakr
Rookie

so i replaced the shift solenoid a couple days ago and the vans doin better but the problem still exists only to a lesser extent. people have told me on numerous forums that the tranny's screwed but i truly dont believe that because once its warmed up and you drive it, its good for the rest of the day. are there any sensors that could be reading wrong and keeping the van from going into gear? could it be the fluid level or just bad/wrong fluid. it was just in the dealership 6 months ago and they said they put the mopar fluid back in it. could this transmission have gone bad in less than 2000 miles since the dealership had their hands on it cuz it passed their inspection then and the thing hasnt been driven much since. im to the point where i may just hafta pay to have the damn thing replaced or rebuilt.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: transmission schematics .....?