Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

93 Dodge Caravan Shaking when Accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 07:42 AM
Antman1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 93 Dodge Caravan Shaking when Accelerating

When going uphill or trying to accelerate my van will start to shake violently to stop shaking I release the accelerator pedal. This procedure is repeated until I gradually get up to speed. The shaking appears to be up front and when I am turning left it is not so bad, but when turning right it shakes more so. It seems to do it a lot more when under a load and trying to accelerate. I am stumped, does anyone have any ideas? Thank you very much in advance for your help.

My Caravan has a 3.3Liter V6 front wheel drive.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:26 AM
Johnroot

motor mount and do it soon or one or both drive shafts might have to be replaced as well. These vans are known to eat drive shafts and monuts!

Old 04-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Chazwel
Professional

I have a 2000 Grand Caravan, 3.3, and the drivers side front started shaking only when I excel, it stops when I am coasting.

Engine Mount?

I thought maybe CV joint................anyone?

Old 04-14-2012, 10:21 AM
wilcom
Amateur

Mine(1995 with 3.0) did that exact same thing...... it was the axel/cv joint that had failed. I got a new axle at the parts store for under $70 and changed it and all was ok.

I took the old cv joint apart and they have three fingers and one had failed. Do check your motor mounts , they keep every thing in line. especially the mount on top of the tranny

Old 04-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Chazwel
Professional

Does anyone know a thread\site on the replacement of a CV joint for a 2000 GC? TIA

I searched on here and couldn't find anything. If I find it, I will post it.

Old 05-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Chazwel
Professional

Changed both CV joints and Bottom Trany/motor mount. $150 in parts and $100 in labor. All is fine. Thanks.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:06 AM
chaso1
Wink

change mounts soon! this will save your axels. the rest of front end I rebuilt myself. (axel seals in trans,ball joints,inner/outter tie rod ends and axels) still had vibration and grinding wile tire turning inword. (right side turning left, left side turningright) to fix this vibration I replace both hubs & berings(50.00 bucks a piece). did it all for about $500.00 and being I'm driveway mech. it took day and half. now van drives like brand new and no knocking, banging,grinding,sqeeking or viberating! (garage cost most likely over $2000.00) so change mounts but don't over look hub & berings! hope this helps and good luck!

Quick Reply: 93 Dodge Caravan Shaking when Accelerating