Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

99 Caravan transmission leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 09:57 PM
sjwoody
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 99 Caravan transmission leak

I did a quick search about transmission leaks, and didn't really find an exact match... but my 99 Caravan (short) with a 3.0L engine, (sorry I dont know the transmission type, how can I find that?) has a transmission leak down around the pan. I've carefully traced it back to what looks like a hole just to the left of where the starter bolts on. It looked like a rubber or hardened tar type seal has pulled away and left a nickle-sized hole. It appears to be above the flywheel dust cover. With the engine running, I can see a small trickle coming out of the hole. I've read about a "diff pin" breaking through and leaking inside the bell housing, but another post I read had fluid on top of the transaxle, not on the bottom. And, there isn't any fluid coming from the flywheel dust cover to bell housing mating surfaces.

Thanks for any ideas or help you can provide

Old 03-19-2005, 08:19 PM
sjwoody
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 99 Caravan transmission leak

Looks like it was just loose transmission cooler line clamps. I had to remove the air filter and box to see it.

Quick Reply: 99 Caravan transmission leak