Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

'97 Dodge Grand Caravan AWD ES parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 01:00 AM
Vollumscope
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '97 Dodge Grand Caravan AWD ES parts

Howdy All-

First off, please pardon me if this is the umpteenth plea for a parts book--
I did a search on the Forum but came up empty handed--

'97 Dodge Grand Caravan AWD ES

Is there a parts book avail for this car maybe posted for download somewhere?-- you know the manual that shows the parts exploded view along with listing the factory part numbers...

At the moment I'm looking for (valid) part numbers for the transmission oil cooling tubes. I think there are four-- two formed rubber tubes leading from the trans body to a pair of metalic tubes that run "across" the radiator to the radiator pass side where the oil cooler ports are located in the radiator. The metalic tubes are "composites"-- that is part metal tube and part rubber tube that's been crimped on. My car is developing annoying trans oil leaks at the rubber connection points. The lines are originals and given the age of the car it's probably high time these are replaced.

Any help here greatly appreciated.
Many thanks!

Regards,

Vollumscope

Old 12-08-2012, 09:38 PM
ryan42

I've replaced all mine (I have four rubber lines on my non-AWD w/ an auxiliary cooler). I replaced all of mine with transmission oil cooler hose from NAPA. They actually have designated hose rated for trans cooler applications. I'd recommend picking some up and using that as replacement. Other than that, I believe P/N 4809375AB is possibly what you're looking for if you want the stock molded perfect fit.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Vollumscope

Howdy ryan42-

Many thanks for your reply.
I probably should have investigated the car a little more before I posted my message.
Turns out my Caravan has the "tow" package which provides slightly more trans oil cooling. Chryco has two cooling lines- one on each side of the radiator. They're plumbed in "series" using metallic/rubber cross-over tubes routed between the radiator fans on the back of the radiator. Crimped-on rubber tubes run from the ends of the metallic crossover tubes to nipples on the built-in radiator coolers. From the radiator to the trans are another set of formed rubber tubes. On my car every rubber connection along the cooler lines is dripping. Depending on the transmission "mode" the oil pressure can be quite high so those lines take a lot of abuse-- the van's 15 now and I get a little uneasy shifting it into "D"-- although even with 142K on the clock the trans has functioned flawlessly.

More hunting around the web and I found the Chryco part #s for the tubes.

I would love to find a parts book for this car though.

Once again, thanks for replying to my message.

Regards,
Vollumscope

97 Dodge Grand Caravan ES AWD
97 Dodge RAM 2500

Quick Reply: '97 Dodge Grand Caravan AWD ES parts