Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

keyless entry remote question

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Jim Bo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I have ordered a new one and plan to have it programmed for $28 at the dealer. Then I'll have two programmed and will try the third new one on my own.

Thanks everyone for the information.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, let me know, I still can't find anything in print for the '09 and '10 model years that says you can do it. Curious to find out.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:30 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

ive posted how to do it if you have 2 remotes. if you only have 1 then you SOL. you going to have to get a dealer to program the second one so then after that you can program the 3rd one.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:04 PM
CoyoteBobb
Default Re-Programming an 02 Dakota Keyless entry Key FOB

I just purchased a used '02 Dakota SLT & had to have a module replaced that controlled the lights, turn signals, & AC... this left the key fob key-less entry un programmed. I read the thread on reprogramming these but I want to be sure these instructions apply to all models - cars & trucks. If not please direct me to the appropriate thread. Thanx.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:29 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Welcome to DF
You do know you posted in the van section? Don't worry i won't kick you out. We are here to help.
STANDARD PROCEDURE - RKE TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMING
New Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitters can be programed using the DRBIII® scan tool and the proper Diagnostic Procedures manual, if no functioning transmitter is available. The DRBIII® scan tool can provide confirmation that the PCI data bus is functional, and that all of the electronic modules are sending and receiving the proper messages on the PCI data bus.

The following procedure can be used as long as one functioning transmitter is available:

Turn ignition to the RUN position (allow ignition chimes to stop).
Using any original (working) transmitter, press the UNLOCK button for 4 to 10 seconds.
Within the specified 4 to 10 seconds, continue pressing the UNLOCK button and press the PANIC button for 1 second, and release both buttons. A chime will sound to indicate that the transmitter programming mode has been entered (allow 3 seconds for chime to sound).
Press LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 1 second and release.
Press and release any button on the same transmitter and a chime will sound, or locks will cycle after successfully programming the transmitter.
Repeat steps 5 and 6 to program additional transmitters.
Turn ignition to the OFF position. Transmitter programming mode will discontinue after 30 seconds. All transmitter programming must be completed within time specified.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:50 PM
coke_o

Originally Posted by master tech
Welcome to DF
You do know you posted in the van section? Don't worry i won't kick you out. We are here to help.
STANDARD PROCEDURE - RKE TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMING
New Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitters can be programed using the DRBIII® scan tool and the proper Diagnostic Procedures manual, if no functioning transmitter is available. The DRBIII® scan tool can provide confirmation that the PCI data bus is functional, and that all of the electronic modules are sending and receiving the proper messages on the PCI data bus.

The following procedure can be used as long as one functioning transmitter is available:

Turn ignition to the RUN position (allow ignition chimes to stop).
Using any original (working) transmitter, press the UNLOCK button for 4 to 10 seconds.
Within the specified 4 to 10 seconds, continue pressing the UNLOCK button and press the PANIC button for 1 second, and release both buttons. A chime will sound to indicate that the transmitter programming mode has been entered (allow 3 seconds for chime to sound).
Press LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 1 second and release.
Press and release any button on the same transmitter and a chime will sound, or locks will cycle after successfully programming the transmitter.
Repeat steps 5 and 6 to program additional transmitters.
Turn ignition to the OFF position. Transmitter programming mode will discontinue after 30 seconds. All transmitter programming must be completed within time specified.
I purchased a key from dodgepartssite.com. They confirmed the part number with the vin number. When i got the key, i took it to a local dealership (i live in houston) but they couldn't get it to work. They tell me that the key (the keyless fob is integrated with the key) is not the correct one and that i will not work. It is for a 2006 Dodge Durango that i just purchased. The key that i have right now doesn't work either. Some of the buttons are broken. Any way, how do i know if the key really isn't the correct one?

Thanks in advance,

coke_o

Old 11-04-2010, 07:58 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Did the dealer tell you the correct part number the truck? Because the web site sent the wrong key, they should fix the peoblem with the wrong part. Or the dealership is feeding a line of bull.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:16 PM
coke_o

Originally Posted by master tech
Did the dealer tell you the correct part number the truck? Because the web site sent the wrong key, they should fix the peoblem with the wrong part. Or the dealership is feeding a line of bull.
The part number to the new key is different than the part number to the original key. However, I've called like 5 different area dealerships an they all give me the same part number (the part number that the new key has). I give them the vin and they confirm that it is indeed the correct part number.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:18 PM
coke_o

Any suggestions as to what I can do next?

Quick Reply: keyless entry remote question