Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1999 Caravan Minor Body Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 01:01 PM
timbogates
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Caravan Minor Body Question

I have a 99 Dodge caravan Sport. I have a small separation of the bumper (right next to the front headlight) from the bumper where it fasten to this front panel that goes up toward the windshield. (hard to describe). It is about 8 inches long but the gap is only 1/2 to 1 inch. It just needs some type of epoxy or something strong for a plastic to plastic contact. I am looking for recommendations on how to close the gap and have it adhere to this surface. The van is old therefore I do not want to go to the body shop. Thank you!

Old 03-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Where about is the problem?

Old 03-03-2010, 08:56 AM
timbogates
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is located -- where you see the 2 circle. Go right to where the second screw is showing It is that flat narrow part where the second screw goes in on the bumper part. I need something to seal and adhere I have a crack in that area where that second screw cannot hold it in place. I need some suggestions. THANKS for the diagram.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The parts stores have repair kits for that don't they. They make an epoxy and mesh to kind of glue it together again.

Quick Reply: 1999 Caravan Minor Body Question