Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Brake Lights will not work

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 02:23 PM
fueltank
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Brake Lights will not work

Hey guys,

Been killing myself the last couple of days on this one. My top brake lights work but not my tail lights. I have changed the fuses in the IPM box for the stop lamps, left and right park/tails. Changed the brake switch three times, changed the bulbs and still they don't work. I used a light tester starting from the battery and that was good and then I moved to the fuses and noticed that the problem stops at the left and right park/tail fuses. I am not getting any juice from the battery to the fuses. When I test both sides of the fuses the light does not go on. Do you think it can be the actual Intergrated Power Module board or can it be the Front Control Module. To me I think it's the IPM. Let me know.

Felix

Old 10-06-2010, 09:41 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
Here is something to try.

Vehicle Issue The Turn Signals and Rear Brake lights operate intermittently.;The center high mounted stop light (CHMSL) works as designed. No codes in any module. The brake switch is sending 12 volts to the BCM, and FCM. BCM was replaced but brake lights and turn signals still intermittent.
System or Component Inoperative;Customer Concern (No DTCs);Lamps / Lighting,Brake Lamps / CHMSL,Turn Signals / Hazard Signal
Recommendation Recommend dealer check all the (B+) powers to the BCM. Found that the C1 connector pin #2 only had 1.4 volts. Traced wire back to the IPM connector C9 pin #6, found that the wire circuit A701 was green with corrosion. Repaired connector/wire and turn signals and Brake lights now work as designed.

Quick Reply: 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan Brake Lights will not work