Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

03 Gr. Caravan Sport, No Speedometer or Tach.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Hamilton Joe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Gr. Caravan Sport, No Speedometer or Tach.

I have an 03 Gr. Caravan Sport (3.3L) and my Speedometer and Tach both stopped working and the needles are on the back side of the resting pins. Is it a fuse or something bigger?

Old 05-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's complicated to explain why they do that but to get them to the other side, you put the cluster into a self test mode and it will cycle each gauge through their calibration points which will pick up the needle and bring it back. To get into self test, do the following.........
To activate the Self-Diagnostic program:
  1. With the ignition switch in the OFF position, depress the TRIP ODOMETER RESET button.
  2. Continue to hold the TRIP ODOMETER RESET button until Sof </B>and a number (software version number (i.e. Sof 3.2</B>) appears in the odometer window then release the button. If a fault code is present, the cluster will display it in the odometer display. When all fault codes have been displayed, the cluster will display “end” </B>in the odometer display. Refer to the INSTRUMENT CLUSTER DTC'S table to determine what each trouble code means.

Quick Reply: 03 Gr. Caravan Sport, No Speedometer or Tach.