Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Passenger Rear Sliding Door Lock Stuck

Old 12-07-2017, 07:09 AM
Sandy Jones
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Psychopete
Hello, I bought a 2002 Dodge Caravan a couple of weeks ago. The locks have had been working fine until just the other day the passenger side sliding door will not unlock automatically or manually. It is completely stuck locked and the door will not open.

I've been searching around online for what the problem might be, and what to expect trying to get the side panel off of the door itself before I go in. But I have not found anything too descriptive or helpful because there seems to be a wide range of problems with the sliding doors.

Does anyone have any insight as to what might be the problem, and the best way to crack open the side of the door open so I can see why the lock cannot move?

I am so tempted to just pry on it, but I do not want to break it any further.

Thanks,
Pete
Pete did you find a solution? I've got the same issue. Can't unlock power or manually. It was working fine over the weekend and then Tuesday evening I couldn't get it unlocked and still unable to unlock it.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:46 PM
James Soy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try this

I just purchased the part and will be replacing it soon.

https://www.1aauto.com/dodge-chrysle...r/i/1adla00087

This page has the part and a how to video. Seems easy enough and cheap enough to fix.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Passenger Rear Sliding Door Lock Stuck