Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

P0455

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 08:42 PM
ncbrit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0455

Hi there,

My 03 grand caravan is due for inspection, and I have a P0455 "Evap System Leak" code popping up. So far i've replaced the gas cap and the purge solenoid and it hasnt fixed it. I've also had leaky valve cover gaskets replaced although i'm not sure that would effect it. Any further ideas what to look for?

Old 10-30-2010, 09:26 PM
jumpdrive2
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Follow the lines from the purge solenoid back under the air filter. You should find a test port (green cap) connected to one of the two lines the rubber hoses on both sides of the test port are a known problem spot. Also under the drivers side you will see two charcoal canisters the hose between them is known to crack. While under the vehicle check all clamps. If neither of these spots are bad you will have to trace all lines looking for bad hoses or leaks. If all else fails you will have to have a smoke test done. Most garages will be able to do this, they hook up a smoke injector and fill the system. But with patience you should be able to find the leak. The last one I fixed was in the fill tube. The piece that the cap screws into and the fill tube itself are two different pieces, outer and inter sort of, I looked inside the top part of the tube to see if it was rusted through and noticed that the two pieces had a crack between them. A little JB weld and it was fixed.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:04 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to Dodge forum to both of our new members.

Quick Reply: P0455