Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: No bus on cluster

Old 02-10-2018, 07:16 PM
Lionsdetroit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No bus on cluster

I was kicking the snow build up off my inner tire well driver side and my wife came out and said stop the gauges are going crazy I went in to the car and it says no bus on the dash cluster all lights on the cluster were on no gauges working the van was still running very good the wipers also won’t shut off and no dome lights no blinkers no radio.so today I went to the pcm made sure all connections were good put grease in them pulled the battery over night reset the dash cluster by holding the trip button and it still says no bus and more suggestions 2010 grand caravan stx

Old 02-11-2018, 01:05 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

your vehicle uses a CAN bus computer architechture. When the interior high speed bus goes down; you get the symptoms you are seeing.

This isn't a problem a backyarder can easily deal with. what you can do is have the codes read. find out which modules are not communicating, which modules are setting the codes and maybe we can try to walk you through it.
try a positive battery disconnect and it that doesn't work; nothing lost.

Otherwise dealer only...most independant shops aren't trained to deal with bus faults and if a module or programming is required...the defer to the dealer anyway.

Last edited by primem; 02-11-2018 at 01:07 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: No bus on cluster