Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Blend Door Calibration

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Terry Donlan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blend Door Calibration

I have a 2005 Grand Caravan that has the 3 zone Heat/AC unit. Every season I have to have my Blend Doors recalibrated because it won't allow me to redirect where the air is blowing. Does anyone know the procedure to recalibrate the blend doors? I have to go to the dealer twice a year to have this done and they charge me $100 each time. I'm sure it's easy to do, I just need to know how?

Old 11-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A/C-HEATER CONTROL CALIBRATION

The A/C-heater control module must be recalibrated each time an actuator motor or the A/C-heater control is replaced. If the vehicle is so equipped, the calibration procedure also includes rear HVAC positions for each actuator motor.
  1. Turn the ignition switch to the On position.
  2. If equipped with the manual temperature control (MTC) system, press and hold the Rear Wipe/Wash and Recirculation buttons for at least five seconds. If equipped with the automatic temperature control (ATC) systen, simultaneously press and hold the Power and Recirculation buttons on the A/C-heater control for at least five seconds. The MTC A/C-heater control Rear Wipe/Wash button light emitting diode (LED) and Recirculation button LED, or the ATC A/C-heater control Delay and Recirculation graphics will begin to flash when the calibration procedure has begun.
  3. The calibration procedure should take less than two minutes to complete for the manual A/C-heater control, and less than twenty seconds for the ATC A/C-heater control. When the LEDs or graphics stop flashing, the calibration procedure is complete.
  4. If the LEDs or graphics continue to flash beyond the two minute (manual) or twenty second (ATC) calibration time, it indicates that the A/C-heater control has detected a failure and a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) has been set. Refer to Body Diagnostic Procedures to perform further diagnosis. The LEDs or graphics will continue to flash even after the ignition switch is cycled Off and On, until a successful calibration is completed or until the vehicle has been driven about 13 kilometers (8 miles).

Old 11-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Terry Donlan
Default Blend doors

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you. The problem is it didn't fix the problem this time. The funny thing is my battery died this weekend and after I replaced the battery the blend doors started working again.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:47 AM
GottaKnow
Question Calibration Procedure

I was reviewing the information above to try to solve the problem of my recirculation door thumping when I start the vehicle or even when we open the doors if the fan control is in any position except off. I am pretty sure that I need to calibrate it but the procedures mentioned above don't describe how to do this with my particular control set. I have a 3 zone control but it is a manual control. The van is almost a base model so there aren't many options. I don't have a power button for the climate controls. I don't have the wiper washer push buttons. Both the front and rear wiper controls are on the turn signal lever. I would be grateful for any information on how to get the recirculation door calibrated with my controls.

THanks,

Old 12-12-2014, 11:56 AM
Tizzy1
Champion

What year is your van?

Old 12-13-2014, 05:44 AM
GottaKnow
Default Calibration procedure

It is a 2010

Old 12-16-2014, 02:29 PM
Tizzy1
Champion

The above calibration procedure is for the RS body, 2001 - 2007 model year. The RT model, 2008 - present, there is no manual calibration procedure, it is done only with a scan tool. I know there have been some issues with the recirculation door actuator, gears inside strip out and cause a ratcheting noise.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:11 AM
Psyourcovered
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GottaKnow
I was reviewing the information above to try to solve the problem of my recirculation door thumping when I start the vehicle or even when we open the doors if the fan control is in any position except off. I am pretty sure that I need to calibrate it but the procedures mentioned above don't describe how to do this with my particular control set. I have a 3 zone control but it is a manual control. The van is almost a base model so there aren't many options. I don't have a power button for the climate controls. I don't have the wiper washer push buttons. Both the front and rear wiper controls are on the turn signal lever. I would be grateful for any information on how to get the recirculation door calibrated with my controls.

THanks,
I have the exact problem in my 2010 dodge caravan. When you first turn the car or fan on there is a thumping from behind the glove box. It does it for about 20 times then stops. It also stops if you put the fan on recirculate. How did you solve your problem ?

The following users liked this post:
Steven W (10-06-2019)
Old 05-21-2015, 03:02 PM
Tizzy1
Champion

I going to guess replace the recirculation door actuator.

Old 02-11-2018, 12:57 PM
SlickWizard_007
Default 2012 recalibrate blend door actuator?

How about 2012 Dodge Caravan? How do I recalibrate heater blend door actuator? My front passanger is locked in heat mode. It won't change to cold.

Quick Reply: Blend Door Calibration