Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Grand Caravan Heated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 06:18 PM
N Williams
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Grand Caravan Heated Seats

I have a 2008 Grand Caravan, and having problems with the rear seat heating. you push the buttons on the doors to turn them on..they light up then shut off within 10 seconds ..And it does it on both sides. can anyone help?

Old 12-18-2010, 06:57 PM
clarky456
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fairly innovative setup they have with terminals vs wires, allows much easier removal of the seats. I'm not aware of stow n go having the option of heated seats so I am assuming you have the swivel n go setup. I removed the seats once (heavy!) and thought that the terminals would be a good place for an electrical break due to corrosion or foreign objects. Before checking that, however, see if there is a fuse that could have blown, much easier than removing those seats. Van is not currently at my disposal otherwise I would check for you. Next guess is a break in the heating element itself. If you have a multimeter handy (20bucks, everyone should own at least one!), you can check the element using the continuity setting. Determining which contact is which will be yours to handle, though not many vans are equipped with middle row power tilt/slide. Happy troubleshooting, merry Christmas, and God bless.

Joe

Quick Reply: Grand Caravan Heated Seats