Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Wiring Diagrams

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 07:55 AM
coolcatcreative
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Wiring Diagrams

Hello,

I have a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, and for the sakes of my remaining hair, I could use some help...

I have been fixing this vehicle myself with good success, but recently it got into some electrical "funkiness" that is sort of the end of my realm, because I don't have the applicable wiring diagrams.

Recently I have been getting recurring trouble codes about Camshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit Intermittent (P0344) and Transmission L/R Solenoid Circuit (P0750), coming and going, sometimes alternated, sometimes together, and sometimes just gone. The P0750 puts the car in limp-home mode.
(This happened just before a drive from CA to FL and I was not able to trace it down, and was getting ready to drive cross-country at 35mph in low gear, but then it decided to disappear, and I was able to do the trip at regular speed, whew...)

So far, I've replaced the Camshaft Position Sensor, pulled and tested for shorts the wiring harness from the PCM to the Transmission (nothing found), and was hoping to be able to trace wiring but the Haynes Manual I have, doesn't include any wiring for PCM and related modules, only more "peripheral" systems (lights, etc.)

Recently there was also trouble with Crankshaft Position Circuit signal (I don't remember the exact code), which I started to suspect might be due to a cracked flywheel/flexplate sending bad signals, and in getting ready to pull off the transmission to replace the flexplate, I found some frayed insulation on the wiring going to the Crankshaft Position Sensor, which I addressed with a bunch of electrical tape (there had been a punctured heater hose spraying hot coolant in the area which I suspect might have eaten through the insulation). I looked around there at the time some more, as much as I could see in there, but I didn't find any more bad wires.

BUT because of the behavior of these symptoms "coming and going", and because there WAS an instance of bad wires already, I REALLY think this has to be wiring harness short or break somewhere, which, if I had the wiring diagrams, I would have a chance to find... (There have also been rains both in CA and FL at the times this has been happening, so this could go along with the idea of getting shorts somehow.)

(Just for additional data, I have/am using a BlueDriver scan tool with an iPad, that gives me more than just basic readouts on codes, but unfortunately doesn't allow me to do two-way testing on the systems, which I am sure could help narrow things down.)

I've been looking and looking online and have NOT been able to find the right diagrams for this year and model.
So my question is: WHERE would I be able to find them - ideally not costing me an arm and a leg?

Also, if anyone might have valuable/useful insight that might help speed up a resolution here, that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Zoltan

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Wiring Diagrams