Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: Trans codes P0734 and P0732, No reverse

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 02:27 PM
cng
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans codes P0734 and P0732, No reverse

Neighbor's car, 96 Caravan 3.8. She had someone add 1 quart trans oil and now it has no reverse and the two codes. P0734 and P0732. I read most of the threads here on transmissions and I am going to check the grounds, battery voltage , and the connector on the TCM.

I hesitate to buy the speed sensors because they have never fixed a Caravan transmission for me.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:07 PM
cng
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: checked plugs on TCM, two speed sensors, solenoid pack connector, two body grounds, and battery connections. I even added a ground wire from the rusty body ground on the LH (driver's) side to the intake manifold. Charging voltage at idle is 13.4. Still no reverse. I have read about a ground splice. Does anyone know where to find this, or can you tell me what it grounds. I'm not above adding bypass ground wires from any components to a central point. The van has over 200K and the owner doesn't have a lot of money. I was told that the transmission is not the original.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:57 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

With what I know about these transmission. The problem maybe the rear planetary gear set in side the transmission. The transmission would need to be removed and perform a tear down and inspect.

Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: Trans codes P0734 and P0732, No reverse