Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

96 Grand Caravan leaking PS fluid from pump area.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 09:00 PM
letsblaze
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Grand Caravan leaking PS fluid from pump area.

Things done since I bought the van a month ago, trans swap with a 03, high pressure power steering line and I finished that up today topped the fluid off started it up and now I have a puddle under it. I crawled under it and it appears to be leaking from the unit itself from behind the pully? Has anyone else ever seen this or do you think it may be the resivour. I have yet to check that since I had to get ready for work. I know this has been ran empty for a bit since this was empty when I purchased it. It had a leak that pushed all the fluid out. Just wondering what could have been damaged from this or if you have had any problems with yours?

Thanks mad dodge owner

Last edited by letsblaze; 02-09-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:56 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

I would clean the reservoir and pump and then lower the level on the power steering and then recheck. Also did you notice if you had the o-ring seal at end of the pressure hose?

Old 02-09-2011, 11:25 PM
letsblaze
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The O-ring I put on the hose myself, it looks like maybe the seal behind the pully made have cooked from running with no fluid for awhile. when it stops pouring out and slows down on the leaking it works fine but is making a whiny sound.

Quick Reply: 96 Grand Caravan leaking PS fluid from pump area.