Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Cabing lights stay on

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 05:01 PM
mybrokenhalo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cabing lights stay on

Hello All,

for some odd reason my cabin lights go on and off inexplicably whenever I turn on my dodge grand caravan (1998). Not only does it happen when the van is turned on, it also happens when it is OFF. It causes my battery to be drained and vehicle not to start. I get a jump and battery is fine, but off I go to the disco light blinking of the cabin lights as well as the door locks and a "DOOR OPEN" warning on the dash. I stop the vehicle, open and close all the doors and still get the same warning. It is very annoying and results in my having to unplug the battery every single time so it doesn't get drained. Any help? suggestions? Can I just remove the fuse for the cabing lights even if it affects the door locks? HELP!!!!

AL

Old 03-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On each b-pillar (where you pull the front seatbelt from) and each c-pillar there is a door ajar switch that lets the BCM know when the doors are open. It is very common for them to get out of adjustment and do what you are describing. When the dome lamps are off, pull out on the rear of each door while looking at the dome lamps. If you can make them come on, that ajar switch needs to be replaced. They cannot be readjusted, they will just move back to where they were. Usually just one, sometimes more.

Last edited by Tizzy1; 03-29-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Cabing lights stay on