Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2006 Caravan - Water leak behind engine block

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 11:28 AM
donnaspicer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 2006 Caravan - Water leak behind engine block

Hi, I have a 2006 Dodge Caravan and noticed a puddle on the ground pretty much right beside the passenger tire (in the front).

I got a friend to look and see if anything was leaking, we didn't see anything. Checked the puddle and it looks to be water.

I have not been using the A/C so I don't believe it's that,... any ideas?

Old 06-15-2012, 11:25 AM
scotter5
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull off passenger tire. remove fasteners of the shield that blocks from look at engine, about 4 of them. check the black pipe. they rust out also check for water pump leak. run engine while checking to create some pressure.

or , don't run engine and:

borrow a hand pressure pump from advanced auto to create 15 lbs of pressure through the system and look for leaks. it attaches to the inlet of radiator.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:17 AM
maxbaby
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your A/C compressor will automatically operate if you have your vent selector set to the defrost or defrost/vent position. Chances are it's water condensation. Can't tell you to do it, but I have in the past dipped the tip of my finger in. If it's oil, it's obviously slippery between your fingers and you can smell that oily smell. If you touch it with the tip and dab your tongue, you'll know if it's coolant by that sickly sweet smell/taste. My way takes about 6 seconds, maybe 7 at the outset... ;0) but I'm used to experimental tasting with my wife's cooking...

Quick Reply: 2006 Caravan - Water leak behind engine block