Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Uconnect help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 11:58 PM
Dodge2008
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Uconnect help!

Just purchased a 2011 dodge grand caravan crew. My wife and I both have motorola droid 2 with android 2.2. My phone pairs fine, downloads the phone book automatically, makes and receives calls perfectly. My wifes will pair but when you try to make a call it will start and then the phone drops the network and the uconnect says unavailable. Other times the phone will say "uconnect rejected "when I am trying to connect it...what is going on? I am so confused because mine works. The only issue with mine is streaming pandora is painfully slow and choppy (is that normal)?

The only other piece of info I have is when we first synced the phones I got mine hooked up and then synced my wifes and it connected in conjuction to mine but couldn't make calls ...it connected at same time. I thought this may have messed something up but I have tried resetting the uconnect and it doesn't help...can anyone please help? We are going nuts...thanks

Old 06-18-2011, 09:41 AM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

http://mofv.com/mygig/BBS/index.php

try here.

u got to research there a few things that u may have to update on the unit. such as gracenotes, software update and nav ( you got to pay 200. ). think versions 2.402 software and gracenotes 3373.

goodluck

Old 06-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Dodge2008
Rookie

Thank you for the reply!
I was up all night with this...I finally found a link from someone on another forum that said to delete all your text message and it will work. Something about the system trying to read an unread message. Anyway, I did that and repaired my wifes phone and it works great!

Pandora still stucks but I think the audio streaming is more a phone issue (maybe)?

Thanks again! If anyone has audio streaming tips please let me know!

Old 06-27-2011, 10:56 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Dodge service dept should be getting their SW update released from Chrysler to the Dealer connect system thru the service depts. between 7-1-2011 & 7-8-2011. This update will help with the many issues that are going on. There are several devices out there that worked fine when the Uconnect SW was written but they (device companies) have made changes without testing their new SW and offered to customers to update their devices. It would be nice if these phone / audio device companies would work with companies like Uconnect to validate their new SW and if it works with the systems that are currently on the market or are in current model year vehicle starting to be sold. But they are in too much of a hurry to beat the other guy to the market.

Originally Posted by Dodge2008
Thank you for the reply!
I was up all night with this...I finally found a link from someone on another forum that said to delete all your text message and it will work. Something about the system trying to read an unread message. Anyway, I did that and repaired my wifes phone and it works great!

Pandora still stucks but I think the audio streaming is more a phone issue (maybe)?

Thanks again! If anyone has audio streaming tips please let me know!

Old 06-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Dodge2008
Rookie

DoeDoes that apply to bugs as well...for example, the new message announcement keeps announcing text messages for my phone even when off. I have tried turning it on and off but still doesn't stop. However, ifoff it wont announce my wifes messages...any ideas?? Thanks

Old 06-30-2011, 12:36 PM
xsdbs
Captain

What phone do you have? This may be an issue with the phone. Remember that Uconnect does not receive the text message, the phone receives it and then sends a message over BT to Uconnect that a message has been received (and this is what the message says). The message is then stored in Uconnect memory and then able to be read to you.
The reason why your wife's messages can't be read is most likely because the phone does not support Text messaging across BT. I know you may think "well her phone does support text messaging because she can send and rec them. However the phone must support SMS messaging which means that when the phone receives a message, it will then send the message across the BT stream to Uconnect.
There are very few phones that do support this feature. The phone manufacturers have been putting the money into the new texting profile that will be coming next year called M.A.P. (message access profile). Map is able to handle more types of messaging than just simple texting which is limited to 160 characters.
Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Dodge2008
DoeDoes that apply to bugs as well...for example, the new message announcement keeps announcing text messages for my phone even when off. I have tried turning it on and off but still doesn't stop. However, ifoff it wont announce my wifes messages...any ideas?? Thanks

Old 06-30-2011, 02:24 PM
xsdbs
Captain

Hello, The SW update should be available as of today (6-30-2011) for the reflash of the Uconnect system..
The TSB # is:
08-036-11
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built prior to April 18, 2011 (MDH 0418XX)
equipped with UCONNECT VOICE COMMAND W/BLUETOOTH (sales code
RSP, RSQ for international) and without MEDIA CENTER 730N
CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV (sales code RER or RHR) or MEDIA CENTER 735N
CD/DVD/HDD/NAV (sales code REW or RHW) or MEDIA CENTER 731N
CD/DVD/HDD/NAV (sales code REP) or AM/FM CD MP3 NAV RADIO - ROW
(sales code RHP) .

Quick Reply: Uconnect help!