Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2011 grand caravan power outlet issue

Old 07-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Dodge2008
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 grand caravan power outlet issue

tonight my wife noticed that the 1 auxilliary power outlet (the left side) in the super console is not working. The one on the right however is. I tried using different items and we ended up with the same result. I even tried pushing it in harder, moving it/wiggling around, felt in there to see if anything was broken nothing.

Any ideas? I thought maybe fuse, but she has charged her cell phone in it several times without issue and it meets the power specs.

Is this common?

Thanks everyone

Old 07-07-2011, 11:37 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Do you have power with key in the on position?

Old 07-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Dodge2008
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have power to everything, including the tradition 2 prong outlet in back, the rear aux power outlet and the aux power outlet on the passenger side. The only one that seems to be dead both in the "on" or with the car running is the 1 aux power outlet. I didn't pull any fuses because I couldnt figure out which one it was and I couldn't see how my wife's cell charger (within) specs would blow it....im at a loss at 1,000 Ish miles

Old 07-08-2011, 12:53 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Blown fuse, it is common. Sometimes those chargers have voltage spike when turn off. it could possible blow the fuse. Luckily, they r cheap, just a buy a pack from partstore, u'll need it in the future. Ur dealership will probably give u few fuses for free if u ask, since u just bought the car.

The cap of the fuse box should state "power outlet" on fuse label.
I know those fuse box picture and words are Microscopic , and the numbers and diagrams are as confusing as the periodic table.
so, just Check all the yellow 20amp fuses, if that's easier for u to do, there should be only like 6 or 7 yellow 20A.
I think all 3 power outlet fuse is more toward the front of the car for ur minvan.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 grand caravan power outlet issue