Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

93 Grand Caravan - Mini-Trip Malfunction (heating up)

Old 05-10-2011, 02:08 AM
d snutz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Grand Caravan - Mini-Trip Malfunction (heating up)

I just got this van and the overhead mini trip is scrambled and lit up, I felt the front of the display and it is also warm.

How difficult is this display to fix so it will display information?
Is it dangerous it is getting warm?
Does that display have a fuse I can pull that will not affect other parts of the van?

Thanks

Old 09-23-2011, 01:52 AM
mrHermit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced it with part form the Junk Yard

I see that this is an old post but I'll reply to it anyway. I had the same thing happen to my 93 Dodge Grand Caravan about a year ago. I went to the local junkyard and took the module out of a similar vehicle. I think I only paid about $5 to $10 for it. I removed the cover on the overhead console, disconnected a few plugs, unscrewed the old module, screwed in the new module from the junkyard, connected the wires, reinstalled the overhead console. I turned on the ignition and everything worked. All I had to do was recalibrate compass.

I have found the junkyards to be a valuable place to learn how to take something apart for my vehicle. This way when I need to repair something on my van I know how it comes apart.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 93 Grand Caravan - Mini-Trip Malfunction (heating up)