Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2009 steering rack help needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 02:02 PM
mrsats
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 steering rack help needed

Well great forum for info as always, however most of the threads I found were for 3rd/4th gen caravans. I need a little help on a 5th gen 2009 grand caravan 2009 rack which ran out of fluid, so I topped it up, bled the system and it disappeared again... all of a sudden it started simultaneously leaking out of the boots on both ends. My best guess is a valve failed in the rack somewhere and pumped it into the boots till it couldn't hold it anymore... and that might explain the simultaneous leak at both ends??

Anyhow... if someone has experienced this or knows what is going on, I could use some advice as to if it is a fixable valve or if I have to replace the whole rack. I see rebuild racks are about $250 - $350 but I cant seem to find any shop instructions/tips on replacing it on my own or is it a shop job??
Rebuild an engine, swap a tranny... I am in, never done a rack so again any info would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2009 steering rack help needed