Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Rust and preventive in areas; advise please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 02:34 PM
scotter5
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rust and preventive in areas; advise please.

06-caravan--thanks for any experience help.
I'm not working so i can't send it to a pro to get it welded.

Bottom of sliding door, about 1/2 inch high, 6 inches long. rust, very hard, can't scrape off. a very tiny bit on bottom outside. how would i go about preventing further damage to that area?

Rust on rocker panels. one hole is 6 inches by 2. i want to put a metal patch and rivet it there.

i would first like to squirt some type of penetrating oil in the rocker area through the hole to prevent more rusting. the rust is up there to be sure.
Know of any fluid that could prevent further rusting

i would like to jb weld the metal patch before rivets set in. i though i would put a wire through the patch to pull it dowward while the patch is adhering to the jb weld. later take out rivets because the rivets would be a bit to high to use bondo over. Your thoughts.

i have other rust spots, no whole in them, after pushing it doesn't go through. but i thought i could cut out any suspicious areas and bondo/fiberglass those areas also. Your thoughts.

Quick Reply: Rust and preventive in areas; advise please.