Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Need help with car starter and by pass module?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Ken D.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with car starter and by pass module?

Hi everyone, I'd like to install a car starter for my 2003 dogde caravan, but I realized that I will also need a bypass module? So i bought a code alarm ca6552 and a fortin evo-all module. This module does everything not jus the bypass.

I have a few questions, maybe someone can help me or give some advice. I've done my research and I found the wiring diagrams for my car and got all the nessessary relays and resistors. I've read the intructions manual for the bypass module, and it is easy enough to understand, but I was stummped with what I have to do with the carstarter/alarm wiring in the car, as I also read the manual?

Both the car starter and my by pass module have wires for door locks, and trunk release. The bypass module shows that I connect the door lock wires to the car starter/alarm wires, so does that mean I install those car starter wires to the vehicle??.

I also have three wires from my car starter/alarm I dont' quite understand where to install these wires?.

INSTANT TRIGGER INPUT (-)
EXTERNAT START INPUT (-)
NEUTRAL SAFETY INPUT (-)

Can someone tell me what these wire mean? And where I can find them in my car so i can make all the connections needed.

Thanks for reading my post!
Any help will be greatly apperciated
Thanks again guys

Last edited by Ken D.; 03-29-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Need help with car starter and by pass module?