Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Tune up on '01 G. Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 11:47 AM
m5shooter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune up on '01 G. Caravan

Guys I recently purchased a '01 Grand Caravan Sport with 3.3 V6 and the engine has 61000 miles. It runs fine but I'm thinking if I should do a tune up. The plug gap is .045 so I would change the plugs with original Champions but would you guys go with a double Platinum plug and would I also need to replace the wires as well? What about the distributer cap and rotor, does this year come equiped with one that needs to replace and what other things would I replace that is involved with a tune up? I already replaced the air filter and changed the oil and filter with Mobile 1.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Replace the plugs with OE, I believe they are platinum. Replace the plug wires. There is no cap or rotor. Think about replacing the PCV valve and the fuel filter as well. You will also want to clean the inside of the throttle body where the butterfly is, gets pretty dirty in there and could cause idle issues, I remove it to clean it.

Quick Reply: Tune up on '01 G. Caravan