Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Rattling slider side doors? 2011 GC Crew

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Calab
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Rattling slider side doors? 2011 GC Crew

Is it just our 2011 Grand Caravan Crew, or are the slider doors loose on all these vans? Our van has several rattles and we're trying to figure out why.

If I open the door, I can lift it up and down. Same on both sides. I don't see how there could be any adjustment for this.

We also have a shield by the exhaust pipe that seems to be loose as well. Makes a rattle that comes from under the floor between the second and third row seats.

The wife isn't impressed at all.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Big Dogy

Yes they all seem to rattle. I had mine back at the dealership 2 times before it was fixed. Wonderful Chrysler quality. Buy some good lithium grease and grease up the latches , this should help.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:01 PM
WiRik
Amateur

Take a look at this thread, lists a service bulletin (post #10), may pertain to your problem:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-c...ing-doors.html

Our van is going in on May 3rd for the same issue, suppose just another lubrication.

Would like to see a more permanent repair than just lubing the latches & tracks.

Big Dogy, what did you mean in that they"fixed" yours? Something other than applying grease?

Old 05-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Big Dogy

Well, they said they did some adjustments and lubricated them but I think they just did the lube job and nothing else. They are quiet now though.

Quick Reply: Rattling slider side doors? 2011 GC Crew