Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

how to program keyless control caravan 02

Old 11-10-2012, 09:05 PM
checo_27
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to program keyless control caravan 02

I have a 2002 dodge grand caravan sport, when I bought it it did not have the remot control with the keys. i`m buy one one ebay but i`dont know how to program can u guys help my please?

Old 11-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

STANDARD PROCEDURE - RKE TRANSMITTER PROGRAMING

Export vehicles require the use of a DRBIIIŽ scan tool and the proper Diagnostic Procedures manual to program transmitters.</B>
  1. Using a functional key fob transmitter, unlock the vehicle and disarm the Vehicle Theft Security System.
  2. Insert ignition key into the ignition switch.
  3. Turn the ignition switch to RUN position without starting engine.
  4. Using a functional key fob transmitter, press and hold the UNLOCK button for a minimum five seconds (maximum ten seconds).
  5. While still holding UNLOCK button, and before ten seconds passes, press the PANIC button and release both at the same time. A single chime will sound to indicate that the transmitter programming mode has been entered (allow 3 seconds for chime to sound).
  6. Within 30 seconds of the chime, press and release the “LOCK” and “UNLOCK” buttons on the transmitter at the same time. Then press and release any button on the same transmitter and a chime will sound after successfully programming the transmitter.
  7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for all transmitters that will be used with this vehicle (up to 4 total).
  8. Turn ignition to the OFF position. Transmitter programming mode will discontinue after 60 seconds. All transmitter programming must be completed within time specified.</B>

Old 11-12-2012, 12:02 PM
checo_27

but i`did not have a functional transmitter , i`have the one from ebay but require programing, thanks

Old 11-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I figured that, I responded to that on the other thread you posted on. If you don't have a functioning remote, it has to be programmed by a dealer or someone with a scan tool capable of doing remote programming

Old 11-13-2012, 05:16 PM
checo_27

aaaa ok thanks for all ,I wil try the dealer

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how to program keyless control caravan 02