Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Power Outlet Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 09:36 AM
bhall7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Power Outlet Not Working

Hi,

The cigarette lighter/power outlet in the dash is not working on my 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan. I replaced the fuse, and it worked for a little bit with my radar detector, but then it stopped. I took apart the center console and examined the outlet and wires and everything seemed to be intact. I used my multimeter to test the current, and it appeared to be working. But, when I put it all back together and plugged in my radar detector, it stopped working again. Should I replace the outlet/receptacle? If so, what is the part number?

Thanks!

Old 03-01-2020, 03:43 PM
RBColbert

I have the same issue with my 06 Caravan. On page 447-9 the owners manual says there is a self resetting fuse under the dash and to take the vehicle to the dealership for maintenance on this item. Not sure why but I haven't found the circuit breaker yet. If you find out anything please let me know also.

Old 03-01-2020, 05:49 PM
bhall7

Originally Posted by RBColbert
I have the same issue with my 06 Caravan. On page 447-9 the owners manual says there is a self resetting fuse under the dash and to take the vehicle to the dealership for maintenance on this item. Not sure why but I haven't found the circuit breaker yet. If you find out anything please let me know also.
I replaced the receptacle and it started working again.

Old 03-01-2020, 08:32 PM
RBColbert

Thank you but I have no power to the outlet.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Power Outlet Not Working