Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

ABS and BRAKE light stays on?

Old 05-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Ken D.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS and BRAKE light stays on?

Hi everyone, I know someone has posted this question before, but The ABS light and BRAKE light stays on, and says trac off under the mileage, where my gauges are?? Can someone give me some advice? Or with any one with experience with this? I have a 2003 dodge caravan se.

Last edited by Ken D.; 05-29-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:42 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Ken

You need to have the van scan for any and all DTC ( Trouble Codes ) and post your findings.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:09 PM
Ken D.

Thanks master, I guess I'll have to bring it to a shop? To get someone to take a look at it.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Ken D.

I brought in my caravan to a shop, and they did that scan under the steering column, they couldn't find any error code of any sort? Nothing seems to be wrong with it? They did a whole inspection of the front and rear brakes, my caravan doesn't have ABS? I really dont understand what else this could mean if not the brakes. I've check the fuses under the hood. And it has relays for ABS? Could this be an electrical problem?

Old 09-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Ken D.

I was maybe hoping that their might be an issue with the brake light switch near the brake . I've recently installed a car starter and their is one wire that connects to a white and brown wire to turn off the engine when their is no key in the ignition, when to pedal is pressed. Someone else in this forum has a problem with his abs and brake light coming on and made adjustments to his brake switch? How can I make adjustments to this brake switch if at all possible?
Been trying to troubleshoot this problem for the past couple of months and still can't solve this problem?

Old 09-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a TSB for your model year and exact problem - lights without system installed. TSB 08-009-02 dated 26 Aug 02 should take care of it. Your dealership will reprogram the instrument cluster. If you'd like a copy send me a private message with an email address and I'll send it to you.

Last edited by Cougar41; 09-17-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ABS and BRAKE light stays on?