Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

MyGig Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 12:04 PM
jojidavis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyGig Navigation

Wife's 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT had the 430N (REN) media center with no Uconnect or navigation. I just bought and installed the 730N (RHR) media center with Uconnect and navigation. So far, so good.
We both have dash mount Garmin GPS navigation and are completely used to and satisfied with the Garmins.
Problem: The 730N (RHR) comes with Navteq GPS navigation, of which we are not either used to or satisfied with.
Other than leaving the dash mount Garmin and not using the built in Navteq, Can anyone tell me if there is a fix for this? ( such as a way to uninstall Navteq and install Garmin).

Thanks,
Jim

Old 07-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Montreal300
Professional

I'm afraid your stuck with Navtec.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:32 PM
jojidavis

Hello Montreal300,
Thanks for your reply to my post, even tho it wasn't what I wanted to hear.
If it is my understanding that the MyGig 430N RHB has Garmin GPS, but is only recommended for vehicles already equipped with Uconnect,
New question: Could I have purchased the MyGig 430N RHB and the Uconnect module and have what I wanted in the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT?

Thanks again,
Jim Davis

Old 07-25-2013, 07:28 AM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

you may be able to add the uconnect module to the existing. you can get the new one but due to it being on the cars main system you may have to go to dealer to get it configuired with there programing tools for the options the radio has.

Quick Reply: MyGig Navigation