Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2012 GC key fob question

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 06:58 PM
doug.mannon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 GC key fob question

Is there a way to change the settings for the alarm or key fob on a 2102 GC Crew? Right now, if I unlock the door with the accessory key, the alarm goes off. This is really annoying. Actually, better yet, would be to disarm/arm the alarm at will. I tried locking up without the fob, just using the switch on the door and closing it, but the alarm still goes off. Seems kind of pointless to have the accessory key if it's just going to set off the alarm. I looked through the manual and the DVD and couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance...

Old 09-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The key was not meant for normal use, just for when the fob battery died. So there is no disarm switch on the door lock cylinder. They started leaving that off quite a few years ago. I believe if you lock the doors manually by pushing the buttons down on each door, the alarm will not set, otherwise there is nothing you can do about it.

Quick Reply: 2012 GC key fob question