Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

starter problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 09:17 AM
jeffmaloney1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starter problems

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me out, I have a 2002 dodge caravan with a 3.3l that I have replace the starter about 4 months ago. Saturday night it would not start would not even click, I moved the 1/4inch wire going to the starter and it started and has been fine since. I went to start it last night and would not start same as before so I left it till today, went out to day and it did the same thing would not turn over, this time I listened more closely and could hear that while trying to start the car the relay would click, so I swapped out the relay with another one in the relay center and it started. I then swapped them back and it also started, any suggestions? Thank you

Old 10-17-2013, 09:40 AM
ebxgsxr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dead spot on the starter?

Old 10-18-2013, 04:30 AM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If by "1/4 inch wire" you mean that's the diameter of the wire, that would be the main battery feed cable directly from the battery to the starter. Sounds like either it's connection is corroded or loose or the cable has internal corrosion to the point the strands have broken and are making intermittent contact. Suggest you look at it more closely.

Quick Reply: starter problems