Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: 1996 Caravan 3.3 power steering pump leak

Old 08-16-2014, 07:29 PM
topfuool
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Caravan 3.3 power steering pump leak

Hi, the other day my power steering pump started leasking bad. It leaks all the fluid out in one night. Can anyone tell me how I can see where it is leaking. I got under the car and can't even see the pump let alone any of the hoses. A freind of mine says it is the pump that is leaking, but he is not sure. Is it common for the pump itself to be leaking that bad in such a short time, one day it is not leaking the next day it is leaking all the fluid out in one night?
It is a 1996 Grand Caravan 3.3 liter engine. I have always done all my own work on my cars and have built a bunch of street rods but I am getting too old and things don't bend like they used to. If someone can tell me where to look, or how to tell where it is leaking from I would be grateful.
By the way the car has only 89000 miles on it and it came from florida and has never seen snow or salt.

Thanks in advance for any advice. TF

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: 1996 Caravan 3.3 power steering pump leak