Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[General]: Dodge Gran Caravan - Need 4 attempts to Unlock all 4 doors at once

Old 06-27-2015, 08:32 PM
noureddineb@gmail.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Gran Caravan - Need 4 attempts to Unlock all 4 doors at once

I am having odd issues using my remote FOB key to unlock the car doors.
The dealer recently completed work related to Recall R03 (Ignition module) on my 2009 Dodge Caravan SE. Part of this work, the Remote key FOB was also replaced.
Here are the details regarding the unlocking doors issue:
- Driver side door: NO issues - the door always is unlocked/locked on first attempt (press once the unlock button)
- issue only happens with unlocking all the other car doors: they would only open after 4 attempts using the remote key (need to press 4 times the unlock button). This only happens if I am unlocking the doors once the car has been off/locked for about an hour. But once the doors are unlocked the first time, I can't keep reproducing it. if I attempt to lock and Unlock the doors afterwards, I would only need two attempts (as it is supposed to be).
- once the car is off/locked for an extended period of time (may be around an hour), four attempts are needed to unlock all the car doors.

I took the car back to the dealer they reprogrammed the key but the issue is still not fixed and they don't seem to understand why this is happening as this is not easy to reproduce/demo.

Has anyone experienced this scenario?
Any recommendations on any settings needing tweak so all the car doors are unlocked using two attempts only (pressing only twice the unlock button)?
Sorry for the long post. Thank you very much for your input!

Ben

Old 06-30-2015, 01:05 PM
redparrot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

read your owners manual about door unlock options

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [General]: Dodge Gran Caravan - Need 4 attempts to Unlock all 4 doors at once