Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

slow cranking

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 01:49 AM
chrisds
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slow cranking

Hi guys, I am a new comer to this forum. I own a 89 3.0 V6 caravan 180000 miles, had it since new. When I crank the engine over it cranks slow than it gets a little faster (but not as fast as before) than the engine starts, this just started happening. Also when stopped at a light I can feel the engine running a little rough. Other thing that is wrong is I check the coolent every week and I alway have to had some, but no visible leak and this been happening for a while.

I know 180000 mile time for a new car, but I had this thing for so long I would hate to see her go.

Old 11-22-2005, 02:50 PM
chrisds
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: slow cranking

I cleaned the battery terminals yesterday, I will see if that helps, I will find out after a few miles. My thinking is let it run for a while to see if battery recharge. If that dont work I will have battery tested. Other thing I was thinging is maybe water is slowly leaking into my cylinders which may be causiing some of my problems, need to try to retorq my heads. I am looking into maybe rebuiding my top half of my engine myself by just getting a gasket kit and inspecting all parts if need replacment or with this much miles should I do the the whole thing? Van is not worth bringing it to the shop, because the work will cost more than the van is worth.

Quick Reply: slow cranking