Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2011 Caravan Remote Start Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2022, 09:05 PM
smokemaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zest
As far as I can tell none of these things are the issue.
  • The check engine light isn't on and I also took my van to an auto parts store and had them check for the "stored codes" the other commenter in this thread mentioned, there were none.
  • I had already heard that low fuel might be an issue so I had completely filled the tank to troubleshoot it and that didn't solve anything
  • the hood is most definitely not open, and even if it was falsely detecting that it was, wouldn't it show something akin to a "door ajar" message on the dashboard?
  • The van is definitely in park too.
I've recall reading that if the remote start fails to work there's supposed to be an error message that will show where the odometer is. I've never seen such a thing. That leads me to believe that it's not even properly receiving the signal or there's some hardware issue with the remote start unit itself. Does anyone know if there's any wiring diagrams out there on the internet or information on where the remote start unit is? I assume it's somewhere behind the paneling around the ignition switch like a third party remote start would be, but I'm not certain on that and would rather not start taking things apart unless I know what I'm looking for.
Did you fix this ? I have the exact same problem. My remote starter used to work fine before.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2011 Caravan Remote Start Not Working