Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Windshield wiper want go off and electronic on dash board out

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 04:50 PM
Gidget Rasmussen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield wiper want go off and electronic on dash board out

My 2008 Dodge Caravan will crank and run but the windshield whiper blades will not turn off and the dash board lights are off ,the gas gage and all the other readings are off also. Is this problem connect ted with a fuse or short maybe? And how easy or hard would it be to fix myself? Or is impossible without the right tools???
Thank you for your help,
Gidget

Old 04-14-2018, 06:48 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

there is a loss of communication in the CAN BUS (computer communication network). It could be due to a loss of power to a module, open wiring or a bad module. the starting point is to have the codes read with a full function scan tool. a code reader will not access communication codes. post the codes here.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:26 AM
Gidget Rasmussen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will go by Orally and see if they have the full scan tool this morning. If so I will send you the code. Thanks a bunch for your help.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Windshield wiper want go off and electronic on dash board out