Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Stalling when van stops or slows to turn

Old 05-15-2018, 03:37 PM
Ray Dunnigun
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked the timing belt and it was lined up correctly, I also just got a vacuum pump and will send results this weekend. I already found one elbow that could be replaced. I also just got a 1494 code, so If I don't find any vacuum leaks, I will test also the vacuum controller.
argh The hose to the brake assist held good, and the egr valve is new, and it held vacuum as well, the third vacuum goes to the vacuum controller and holds a vacuum from the port down. I'll do an engine test soon.
here is the intake MAP diag in case you didn't visit the link

Old 05-17-2018, 08:17 AM
Ray Dunnigun
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I connected the vacuum pump to the vacuum port on the intake, the gauge was jumping rapidly from 6hg to 15hg the jumping decreased somewhat on a warmer engine, from 8 to 13 or so. On accelleration the vacuum increased but was still jumping around about a 6hg range .
I checked the PVC valve and it seemed to move freely when shaken. I removed each of 3 vacuum lines and blocke the port with finger, none of which alleviated the flucuation, but the port for the emmission vacuum filter did lessen the jumping somewhat, but 10hg seemed to be the mid mark of all jumping scenarios.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Stalling when van stops or slows to turn