Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: clicking actuator, driver side, underdash

Old 06-10-2018, 06:50 AM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
Default clicking actuator, driver side, underdash

2011 GC Mainstreet. Clicking is going on with the van not running, just opening the door. Coming from the driver footwell area. I pulled the plastic away, and way up near the firewall there is an actuator that I can feel it thumping when this clicking is going on. Problem is, I'm having a heck of a time trying to access it with tools. Is there a trick? Actuator is secured with two T20 screws.

Also what is this actuator called? I'm thinking I need a new one.

Thanks!

Old 06-25-2018, 11:44 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

Got the old one out. One of the posts for a gear was broken, so the gear wasn't close enough and was slipping - that was the clicking noise. Put in a new one from Amazon, problem solved.

Old 11-27-2018, 07:30 AM
COLDIRON
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, just ordered one the other day on ebay. Mine has been clicking for a few months. Watched how to replace it on you tube. It should be here by Friday. Looks like a real ball breaker to get way up there.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:55 AM
HighSierra

What is the actuator for?

Old 12-12-2018, 06:58 AM
COLDIRON

Hi, it is a little plastic gear box with a wire connection on it that operates the when the heat and air comes out. On the floor, out the middle dash board, defrost up at the front windshield. It's real hard to replace you have to be a snake with hands. it just has two T-20 star/torx screws. Usually one of the cheap plastic gears strip. Watch you tube. Don't forget to take the negative battery wire off don't want the air bag to blow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: clicking actuator, driver side, underdash