Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 07 non-infinity speaker sizes don't make sense to me

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 06:02 AM
donintn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 non-infinity speaker sizes don't make sense to me

I'm not the brightest bulb in the closet so maybe that's why but the speaker sizes for the non-infinity 07 Caravans don't make sense to me. Unless I'm mistaken, those with the Infinity systems have 6x9 speakers in the doors and in the rear side panels, not sure if there are any in the tailgate or what size is in the dash.
I have an 07 SE with the stock radio which actually sounds better than I thought it would but I still plan to put in an after market system with different speakers. I went to Crutchfield and looked my vehicle up and according to them, the maximum size I can use is 6 1/2" in both the door panel and the rear panel, but when reading through a great many threads, I've read over and over people saying they have 6x9's in their doors. I believe most mentioned they had the Infinity system but I can't imagine Dodge made different door frames according to what stereo was installed in the car so if a 6x9 fits in one with an Infinity system, I have to believe if I remove the door panels I'd see a cutout for a 6x9 speaker.
Could anyone enlighten me on this ? I'd really prefer to not have to remove the door panel just to find this out.
Thanks ahead of time for any info u can give me

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 07 non-infinity speaker sizes don't make sense to me