Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[General]: 2013 Caravan transmission still slipping after new filter

Old 01-09-2019, 08:31 AM
Joe Hollingsworth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Caravan transmission still slipping after new filter

Hello, my wife's transmission started slipping about 6 days ago and had a whining noise coming from where the engine meets the tranny. I did some searching around and a common problem was a clogged transmission filter. I disconnected battery, dropped pan, changed filter, and replaced 5 quarts atf 4. Replaced battery cables. I let the van warm up for quite a while and it drove great with no problems for about 4 days. This morning when taking kids to sxhool, it started slipping again and she had to limp it home. If it was working after what I did, I'm assuming it's an electrical problem? There is a huge puddle in our driveway from all the rain we've been having could be soaking a sensor or something? The engine light was on before but no code. The engine light came back on this morning. Not home to check it right now, I'm kind of stuck on it Warranty ran out 1000 miles ago so no help there. 2013 grand caravan, 99,000 miles. Any help would be great. Hoping it's a cheap electrical fix.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:46 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Get the code read. That's where to start.

Old 01-10-2019, 04:30 PM
Joe Hollingsworth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Get the code read. That's where to start.
Checked code, it was a P0430 cat converter, but eventually went back off.so nothing related to the transmission

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [General]: 2013 Caravan transmission still slipping after new filter