Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Key fob buttons stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 01:59 PM
Leon Friesen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Key fob buttons stopped working

Here's a problem that has me stumped. I had 2 key fobs for my 2015 Grand Caravan, both fully functional, until one had the buttons stop functioning (although it still worked to start the car). Thinking the key fob was the issue, I ordered a new aftermarket fob ($35) and had the Dodge dealership program it for me ($80). The new fob has the exact same problem as the one old fob, in that it will start the car but the buttons are not functional. Yet I still have one fob that is fully functional (also an aftermarket fob that the dealership programmed for me). Now I don't know whether the issue lies with the key fobs (2 with non-working buttons, 1 is aftermarket and 1 is Dodge) or the vehicle. Ideas? Dealership wants $150 just to run the diagnostic for it.

Old 03-07-2020, 06:17 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Try disconnecting the battery. There was a bulletin to update the body computer for the remotes for been locked out and the door locks would be inop.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Key fob buttons stopped working