Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Do 2002 Grand Caravan Sport models have wiring for DVD?

Old 01-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Xnaron
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do 2002 Grand Caravan Sport models have wiring for DVD?

I am looking into adding a factory DVD player from a 2003 Plymouth towne and country into my 2002 grand caravan sport. Can anyone tell me if the wiring harness for the DVD system is in place on the roof of the vehicle or will I have to get one and run it? The 2003 T&C unit looks like it will be compatbile with my GC Sport but does anyone know for sure?

Thanks,
Brendin

Old 01-07-2006, 02:40 PM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Default RE: Do 2002 Grand Caravan Sport models have wiring for DVD?

The wiring is not there for the overhead DVD. The 03 unit will work in the 02, you will need the bracket that the DVD mounts to on the roof side of the headliner (it may or may not be there already). Also you will need the cable that runs BTW the DVD player and the factory radio (This has to have CD changer controls on it). I have the wiring harness that runs up the drivers A pillar to the DVD screen if you are interested, PM me.

Old 01-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Xnaron
Default RE: Do 2002 Grand Caravan Sport models have wiring for DVD?

Here are pictues of my current radio and console... not sure if this unit will work with the dvd unit or not... how can I tell for sure? Is the screen on the factory units good quality?

Thanks,
Brendin

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do 2002 Grand Caravan Sport models have wiring for DVD?