Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

What would cause a puddle of water...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 11:31 AM
greaseangel
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would cause a puddle of water...

under the drivers side? 97 3.0 Caravan. I was in the kitchen, looking out the window, and noticed a puddle under the van. Looked like it was in the same spot I had had a tranny leak before. Well, I went out, reached under, expecting tranny fluid, and it was water. Plain water! My a/c doesn't even work, and I have it disconnected, so it's not condensation that somehow found its' way to the other side. I flushed/filled the coolant a couple weeks ago, and this puddle had no coolant in it. Radiator etc... level is full. It wasn't raining, and there was no source for water near the van. Even if one of my kids had been out there and spilled a glass of water or something like that, this puddle was totally contained under the van, between the wheel and the tranny pan area. Any ideas?

Old 06-19-2006, 12:29 AM
floorslayer1
Veteran
Default RE: What would cause a puddle of water...

I get those darn annoying water gnomes too....It takes a 47mm wrench and 36" prybar to eliminate them. The rest is up to you..

Old 06-20-2006, 04:29 PM
greaseangel
Professional

Can I borrow your wrench? I don't have one that big! Dang, these metric measurements! Uh......the Sherrif confiscated my prybar, can I borrow that too?

Well, it hasn't done it again, so I guess I won't worry about it.

Old 06-20-2006, 05:02 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Sometimes water underneath your vehicle can be from a battery....as they can leak water....mine did....as of last Tuesday in fact....and turned out I had a cracked battery....was located in a very similar area to yours.

You can also get condensation from running a defrost....or it could just have been trapped water in your vehicle....has it rained lately? My brothers old car would leak water all the time from areas where it got trapped....old piece of junk heh....

Old 06-20-2006, 08:56 PM
greaseangel
Professional

Come to think of it, it was beneath the battery. Battery's only 6 months old, I'll check it when hubby gets home though. I think I did look at the battery holder plate (whatever it's called) and didn't notice anything. But hey, it's worth a shot. As to rain or defroster, it was about 100 degrees in the shade, and we were in drought conditions. It finally did rain Sunday afternoon, and we had flash flooding lol. It either doesn't rain for months, or rains for months in one hour.

Old 06-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Donnie B
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was walking by & had to take a leak.your van was the only place i could find to go.sorry.

Old 07-01-2006, 05:16 AM
rabtrfld

The vent air intake under the wipers can hold a lot of water. Maybe a leaf or twig was blocking the drain hole.

Strange things happen... I had the windshield washer system completely plugged with little red ants... they liked methanol.

Old 07-01-2006, 02:51 PM
greaseangel
Professional

Donnie, next time, knock on the door! I got 3 bathrooms!

Red ants? I'd have been adding another puddle, I'm terrified of ants. When I was little in west Texas, I was attacked by fire ants and spent 5 days in the hospital.

Well, battery was fine, and the puddle hasn't happened again. Still haven't figured out where it came from. (Beisdes Donnie lol)

Quick Reply: What would cause a puddle of water...